This project is designed as a concise, highly focused intervention in the field of comparative religion and theological psychology. I aim to provide a sharp, accessible, and theoretically dense argument that functions as both a scholarly bridge for experts and a pedagogical tool for graduate seminars. Rather than simple parallel-hunting, the book provides a structural hermeneutic that brings biblical literature (Proverbs, Job, Ecclesiastes) into dialogue with East Asian sacred texts (the Analects, Dao De Jing, Four Noble Truths, Heart Sutra) through the lens of human development.
To provide some background, I am a Full Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology, Virginia Union University. My research explores the intersections of Scripture, justice, faith, and human transformation. I have authored and edited over twenty books, including Treasures and Thorns (2026), Justice and the Parables of Jesus (2026), and How to Read the Gospels (2024). In addition to my academic work, I hold a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University and bring a global perspective shaped by a prior decade-long corporate career with LG in Seoul, Panama, and Miami.
