Thursday, February 3, 2022

Political philosophy

I took pains reading a thick book about political philosophy --specifically about the theories of justice. It was a bit hard to grasp the first few chapters. But I went in high gear since then. I wrote notes freely on the pages, exclaiming aha moments a lot, learning new concepts and conceptions of political philosophy vocabulary such as moral individualism, egalitarian liberals, hypothetical contract, and the common good. In my next book project, I will read the parables of Jesus through political philosophy that engages various theories of justice. The title: "What is Justice? A Political Philosophy of the Parables of Jesus." I hope to finish writing the first draft of the manuscript by June this year.

Because of some brainstorming with my reading of the above book, I reworked and streamlined my book proposal about justice and parables. Now it has five chapters only (previously, eight chapters) with a sensible flow of the contents. A good author goes slow, thinks deep, and writes concisely. I feel good because it is better than before.