Monday, April 1, 2024

About Feelings

It's important to check our feelings because we are emotional beings affecting our decisions. We must value them and draw our actions from them. But it's equally important that we honor our willful thoughts in response to feelings. We should not be controlled by feelings alone, especially when we fall into obsessive thinking or pessimism. Our voluntary, conscious thoughts must govern our will and actions. I am not saying feelings are separate from thoughts or vice versa. They both interact with each other in ways that enhance our well-being. But ultimate decision-making is done by thoughts. While we value what we feel, what is more important is our careful conscious thoughts and actions, which drive us to feel confident. So, I am more than what I feel. I am what I think. I am what I do.

Photo courtesy Freeimages.com