Thursday, November 11, 2021

Communal Revival and the New Testament

I presented at the 2021 Ellison-Jones Convocation at Virginia Union University.  
For a full document, click this link.

"The past 16 years are just like a twinkling of an eye. This is my 17th year teaching at this beloved school—Samuel DeWitt Proctor School of Theology. I cannot enumerate all the blessings I have received from this school and the larger community beyond this since 2005. I thank all my students, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends from near and far for their unwavering support of me. In particular, I thank Dean John Guns for his transparent leadership and fervent hope for our school.
        I am excited to be part of this year's Ellison-Jones Convocation as a presenter. My topic is communal revival and the New Testament. What I present to you is my interpretation of communal revival from the perspective of the New Testament. I am going to talk about Paul’s “body of Christ” metaphor and Jesus’s preaching of the gospel of God."