Monday, October 25, 2021

Slowly steadily (dragging my feet)

As I planned, I started writing a book. Today I wrote about 1,000 words. That is a good start. The more important thing is not how many words I write per day but how steadily and slowly I can progress, going back and forth, revising constantly, and envisioning my entire book.

A week later:
I have written about 6,000 words this week. I don't write for 24 hours a day. My writing routine is a couple of hours before breakfast, a couple of hours in the afternoon when I feel like writing and a couple of hours at night when I feel so lonely. I want to stay focused on this rhythm.

Another week later:
My writing of a book is on track. Dragging my feet is key to success. Time is writing! I wrote another chapter this week. So, I will move on to the next chapter.

[courtesy of Inhee Lee]