Friday, May 13, 2022

Book writing tips


I have the pleasure of sharing my book writing tips. Since 2005, I have written almost 20 books, editing two volumes.   

1. When you feel ready to write something after enough research and brainstorming, begin to write from your heart and do it non-stop, day and night. Once I start, I write for several hours, and I have enough rest for several hours during which I may do whatever I want: sleeping, watching videos, listening to music, walking in a park, on a couch, or in a massaging chair. Then, my mind becomes clear and rebooted with much energy. Then, I write again and take a rest later. I repeat this tempo and rhythm. If you don't feel like writing, stop it and come back later if you feel ready again. I write what I think is most important for my intended readers. I try to write it clearly as if I were reading for them. This first stage won't take more than 2--3 months, depending on the project. In this stage, the most crucial part is to keep writing and surface the crest of your points, like your storytelling in one sitting.

2. Pause for a week or so after the first round. Then, reread what you wrote, refine it, and make sure about documentation including citations. This second step will take about the same amount of time, 2--3 months, depending on the project.

3. The third stage is to ensure the quality of the manuscript by proofreading and asking for feedback from colleagues.