Friday, April 19, 2019

Human Transformation Begins ...

Human transformation begins with an attitude that "I am weak or limited." When I am weak, I see and feel the weakness of others. When I confess that "I am no one," God would say: "No, you are not unworthy." Through humility, I gain new energy or spirit from above. That is a moment of a spiritual birth from above (c.f., John 3:5-6). This new birth gives us a sense of "I am someone." 

If I am someone who shares the weakness of others, I can be one for others. I may find solidarity with them. I love them not because I am over them but because I feel the same weakness with them. 

I must acknowledge that the moment of "I am someone" is not perpetual. I still may hit hard roads and make mistakes. I may feel disappointed with myself. I have to accept what I am. In other words, I must admit that I am limited and deficient. I am that I am. I am not beyond what I am.