- Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek out and to save the lost."
- 2 Corinthians 3:17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit.
- Rom 6:1: What then are we to say? Should we continue in sin in order that grace may abound?
- Rom 6:10: The death he died, he died to sin, once and for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
- Rom 6:12-13: Therefore, do not let sin exercise dominion in our mortal bodies, to make you obey their passions. No longer present your members to sin as instruments of wickedness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and present your members to God as instruments of righteousness.
- Rom 7:5-6: While we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we are slaves not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit.
- Rom 7:12-13: So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good. Did what is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, working death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure.
- Rom 7:14: For we know that the law is spiritual; but I am of the flesh, sold into slavery under sin.
- Rom 7:25: Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with my mind I am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh I am a slave to the law of sin.
Other quotes from others:"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. But that might just be me being stupid." --Albert Einstein
“Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.”
"Intuitions without concepts are blind. Concepts without intuitions are empty."
-- Emmanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason
"When I look inside and see that I am nothing, that is wisdom.
When I look outside and see that I am everything, that is love.
And between these two, my life turns."
– Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj